Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sometimes You Just Have to Wait....



Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Psalms 27:14


Tuesday afternoon, prior to leaving work, I decided that I would get my eyebrows arched at a local nail salon.  Once I arrived at my destination, I entered and proceeded to the front counter to request my service.  The soft-spoken, yet kind worker advised that it would be a 10 minute wait! OH BOY! Here we go! Once again I must wait!Now I must admit, the word "waiting" is not a favorite of mine. On this particular day, I was not in the mood to wait due to the fact that I had a list of errands to run and duties to complete at home. In my mind, time is precious and waiting longer would cause a disruption in my schedule.  I contemplated for a minute as to whether I would take a seat and hold out until my turn or not, but finally decided for once, I would wait.  Now mind you, I would normally leave if an immediate opening was not available. However, while waiting patiently for my turn, God actually laid it on my heart to write this post and in a matter of time, I was next in line!


Today's Food for the Soul: Waiting in general can be a daunting task. Often times it is difficult to wait on the things we have been praying for and we often get impatient and frustrated, wondering if God has forgotten about us! We want our needs and desires met immediately not knowing that there is a process in waiting.  Perhaps God wants to prepare you for what you will receive or He may be working something out of you. I always say that waiting on God involves the 3 P's: Patience, Perseverance, and a Positive Attitude! God is faithful and He will fulfill every promise to you.  If you wait on Him and exercise the 3 P's, you will soon be next in line to receive exactly what God promised!


Until Next time,
Peace and Blessings,
Kiki

1 comment: