Monday, June 20, 2011

Why Settle for Less? God can Give You the Best!



Galatians 6:9: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

I was driving home one day from work and came upon a church marquee that read: "God saves the best for last."  I immediately thought about my situation and the things I have been praying and waiting for from God.  I was pondering on how long ago I prayed for certain things, many of my requests submitted to God years and years ago. I contemplated on why some of my requests had not come to pass yet.   There were many times when I felt like fainting, times where I doubted if God heard my requests or if He had forgotten me.  Many things that I have prayed for have been placed in the back of my mind, others are on the forefront waiting to be inherited.   

Today's Food for the Soul: We as believers should desire the very best God has instead of some half-rushed counterfeit blessing. There are times when we feel like giving up, throwing in the towel, but if we wait on God, He promises us his best. If  we insist on working things out on our own, the result is a complete mess and waiting longer to actually receive what we desire.  Know that our timing is different from God's timing and with waiting comes understanding and growth.  There is a process with God and he does not always grant us everything we desire immediately. Whatever you are waiting for whether it is a better job, starting a family, house, increase in finances, spouse--know that God has your very best interest at heart.  God does save the best for us if we are patient and wait on him! Why settle for less when God can give us the best? Waiting for God's best requires the following:
  • Submit your request(s) unto the Lord
  • Ask God to let His will be done
  • Take your hands off of it
  • Wait patiently and in expectation knowing that God is faithful and He will fulfill every promise
The Best is Yet to Come,

Chocolate Girl

2 comments: