Thursday, June 9, 2011

You Have What You Say......


James 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceeded blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

It was a usual Thursday morning at work. I was sitting at my desk, waiting for my work to arrive via email.  My supervisor comes over (as he does every morning) and pulls up a chair beside me to discuss the agenda for the day and the issues that we must resolve.  He proceeded to tell me about a work issue that we have been dealing with for some days now.  He asks me to go into the system and make the necessary changes to a loan.  In the midst of me making the necessary changes, he bellows out a huge sigh of frustration.  I looked over and asked him what was the problem.  He stated,  "I already see it, this is going to be a rough day and I am trying to prepare myself for it."  Hmhhhh??....I look over at him with a stern look and replied, "If you say so, you have what you ask for!" He gave me a disgruntled, confused look as if I was crazy and proceeded to get up and walk back to his desk. 

Today's Food for the Soul: What words are you speaking? Have you spoken negative or positive words thus far today? We frame our day and world by the words we speak. Sometimes we fail to realize how much power our words possess. Our words have the power to make or break us!  If we speak negatively about our situation, then guess what? We will more than likely have a negative outcome. Consequently, positive words can repair, restore and mend any situation in our lives. When we awake every morning we should already be speaking positive words over our day.  I challenge you today to speak positive words into your atmosphere! Remember, You have what you say you have!

Peace and Blessings,
Kiki

6 comments:

  1. don't you just love how the Word inspires every facet of our lives....
    i'm following...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! Very thought provoking...I will speak positively even when my surroundings look bleek!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Nylse! Simple life lessons! Be blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, to God be the glory! I am waiting for your message to come forth! I know it will be powerful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alida,

    Thanks for visiting my blog! May God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete