Monday, June 13, 2011

You Say You Can't...God Says You Can!




 Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

I was chatting with a co-worker/friend via Instant Messenger at work on today.  We had a discussion about a list of things we would like to accomplish in the near future.  In particular, we were discussing summer trips and the associated costs.  He stated that it was impossible for him to have a summer vacation this year due to his work schedule and lack of funds.  I advised him that if he could eliminate many of his extracurricular activites that often consumes his money, he could be in the position to set aside or save for a vacation.  Then in his words,  he says "I Can't do it , that would be impossible for me to do!"

Today's Food for the Soul: Nothing is impossible to us. The phrase "I can't" should not be in our vocabularies.  We (myself included) have used that phrase out of frustration numerous times, even before we attempted to do a particular task and not knowing what our capabilites were.  Did you know that through Christ you can do all things?  Through Christ, we have the power to make things happen in our lives. Only through Christ, not on our own!  Whatever your "it" is, you are more than capable of succeeding at it. Perhaps you would like to start a business (or enhance it) , pursue your education, take a trip somewhere.  Whether it be a simple or complex task, make the first step and God will help you along the way. Put your faith in God knowing that He will equip you with everything you need to accomplish your "it"  Go ahead you can do it! Why? Because God says you can!

Peace and Blessings,
Kiki

1 comment:

  1. I take heed to this because I have learned that we can do anything if we TRY!!

    ReplyDelete